The Tata Literature Live! MyStory Contest is back!
The Tata Literature Live! MyStory contest is an initiative designed to create a space for aspiring and unpublished writers to come find their readers from around the world. Winners of the contest will have their work (or an excerpt of it, depending on its length) published in the Tata LitLive! Brochure. They will also get to read their piece in front of the festival audience.
Participate for a chance to read your original writing at the on-ground festival in front of a live audience.
Submissions are now open! (1st Sep to 10th Sep 2023)
Submit your entry here : https://tatalitlive.in/mystory/
*Terms & Conditions
1. Participants can choose any topic or subject to write about.
2. Only submissions in English will be accepted.
3. Hate speech or sexually graphic content will automatically be disqualified.
4. Submissions should not exceed 5000 characters.
5. There is no minimum character or word length. Haikus, poetry and limericks are welcome.
6. Each contestant can submit only one original piece of writing.
7. Submissions close on 10th September, 2022 at midnight. The submission period is followed by a voting period that ends at midnight on 17th September, 2023.
8. A total of eleven winners will be selected.
– 6 based on literary merit chosen by a jury – 3 for prose and 3 for poetry.
– 5 based on popular votes by the public. (The 25 entries with the highest number of votes at the time of voting closing will be judged by a panel of eminent writers. Five winners will be picked from this shortlist.)
9. Please note, as some of the winners will be based on the number of popular votes, shorter works might be preferred by online readers.
10. Winners will not be reimbursed for travel and other expenses to attend and participate in the festival.
11. The above Terms & Conditions may be updated or edited by the organisers.
1. Stories submitted to the LitLive MyStory contest will be licensed to Literature Live! in perpetuity to be used in any print, video or online form associated with Literature Live!
2. Stories will not be used for any commercial purpose. Only for promoting Literature Live!’s monthly or annual events.
3. User details will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with any third parties without the express consent of the user.
Celebrated poet Mamang Dai will be the Poet Laureate of the 14th edition of Tata Literature Live! The Mumbai LitFest.More Info
Tata Literature Live! The Mumbai LitFest presents literary awards annually for Fiction, Non-Fiction and Business books published during the year.More Info
Pathbreaking author C S Lakshmi, (publishing fiction under her pseudonym Ambai) has been conferred the Tata Literature Live! Lifetime Achievement Award for 2023.More Info